B.A., History, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
M.A., History of the Near and Middle East, University of California, Los Angeles
Ph.D., History of the Near and Middle East, University of California, Los Angeles
Research and Interests
Managing Editor, Coptica
Research Assistant and Board Member, Saint Shenouda the Archimandrite Coptic Society, Los Angeles, California
- “A Lost Chapter in the History of Wadi al-Natrun (Scetis): The Coptic Lives and Monastery of Abba John Khame.” Le Muséon: Revue d’études orientales1-2 (2014), 149-85.
- “The Coptic Orthodox Church and Community from the Arab Conquest through the Mamluk Sultanate (641-1517 ce).” A chapter in The Coptic Christian Heritage: History, Faith, and Culture, ed. L. Farag. New York: Rutledge Press, 2013.
- “Coptic Orthodox Tradition,” and “Father Mattā al-Miskīn,” chapters 8 and 37 in Orthodox Christian World, ed. Augustine Casiday. New York: Routledge Press, 2012.
- “Nationalism, Historiography, and the Use and Perception of the Greek Language among the Copts in Post-Conquest Egypt,” Al-Usur al-Wusta: The Bulletin of the Middle East Medievalists 1 (2007), pgs. 7-10.
- “On Cana of Galilee: A Sermon by Patriarch Benjamin I,” Coptic Church Review3 (2002), pgs. 66-93. The first English translation of the only surviving Coptic sermon by Patriarch Benjamin I (7th c.).